If you are viewing this site you are likely injured. In addition to suffering from your injuries you now face the unfortunate reality of lost time from work, unpaid medical bills, and dehumanizing treatment by the multi-billion-dollar insurance corporations and their army of defense attorneys.
You feel lost and have come here seeking answers. You demand justice for your injuries but that seems like wishful thinking. You need a guide. Well, you have come to the right place.
We are here to guide you. We stand between you and the insurance corporations with a sword and a shield. We will aggressively pursue justice on your behalf so that you emerge as the hero of your story.
We have guided many others in your position through the legal battlefield. Our clients have emerged victorious as the hero of their story. They are now financially stable. They have shown their families that they refuse to be bullied and let someone else’s negligence define their lives. These heroes now look back to when they were injured and are proud that they refused to let the insurance corporations and their defense team ruin their lives. They are also proud that their fight weakens the insurance corporations and emboldens others like them to press forward.
Please contact us now for a free case evaluation and consultation and we will show you our plan for victory in your case.
John Coco’s Biography
John Coco, Esq. is founder of the Law Offices of John Coco, PLLC, located in Woodbury, New York. This boutique practice is limited to representation of victims of serious and catastrophic personal injuries with a focus on construction site, motor vehicle, and premises injuries. John represents clients in Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Nassau County and Suffolk County.
Since its inception, the Law Offices of John Coco has recovered millions of dollars for injured members of the construction trades, for victims of drunk driving and texting crashes, and for hardworking people from all walks of life. John has represented many Union and non-union construction workers including members of Carpenters Union Local 290, Electricians Local Union 3 International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 79 Construction and General Building Laborers, Steamfitters Local 638, Laborers Local 1298, United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers & Allied Workers Local 154, and many others.
John earned his Juris Doctorate from St. John’s School of Law, where he received the CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Analysis and Writing and was a member of the New York Litigator Law Journal. He also holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Hofstra University and a Master of Arts Degree from Queens College. John is an active member of the Nassau County Bar Association, NYS Bar Association, and NYS Trial Lawyer’s Association. He was recently honored by Long Island Business News with their “40 Under 40” award which goes to the top entrepreneurs and professionals on Long Island. John was also recently honored with the Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Stars Award and the Top 40 Under 40 Personal Injury Lawyer’s Award from the Association of American Trial Lawyers.
John is past Chair of the Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Committee at the Nassau County Bar Association where he is a frequent lecturer on emerging law and other issues surrounding personal injury litigation. He recently co-presented “Using Demonstratives Effectively at Trial” at NCBA as a Continuing Legal Education class. John’s articles on personal injury law and civil litigation have been published in the New York State Bar Association’s Torts, Insurance & Compensation Law Section Journal, Trial Magazine published by the American Association for Justice, as well as Nassau Lawyer where his article on a recent amendment to the Civil Practice Law and Rules was published this past November.
John has also served as New York counsel to trial attorney Edward Capozzi who is author of best-selling trial book The Domino Theory and is recognized as one of New Jersey’s top personal injury trial attorneys.
John lives in Nassau County with his wife Gabrielle and four children Genevieve, Charlotte, Christian, and Andrew.
- SuperLawyers Rising Stars 2019
- 40 under 40 Top Business Leader
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Long Island Business News Ones To Watch | Law
- Avvo Rating 10.0 Superb – Top Attorney Personal Injury
- Legal Analysis & Writing – CALI (The Center For Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction)
- Hofstra University Co-Alumni Of The Month
- Determining Defendant Entities – Trial Magazine, American Association for Justice, 2018
- CPLR Update: Amendment to CPLR §503(a) Provides an Additional Venue Option for Personal Injury Plaintiffs – Nassau Lawyer, 2018
- Aetna Health Plans v. Hanover Ins. Co. Must A No Fault Carrier Reimburse A Health Insurer for Mistaken Payment? – Nassau Lawyer, 2018
- Using Demonstratives Effectively at Trial – James J. McCrorie, Esq. & John Coco, Esq. – Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Committee – Nassau Bar Association, 2018
- Ethical Considerations for Personal Injury Attorneys – John Coco, Esq. – Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Committee – Nassau Bar Association, 2017
- How to Fast Track Your SUM Claim – Hasten SUM Claim Resolution, the Three Events that Trigger SUM Coverage, and How to Avoid Malpractice in Handling an SUM Claim – John Coco, Esq. – Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Committee – Nassau Bar Association, 2017
- Aetna Health Plans v. Hanover Ins. Co. – John Coco, Esq. – Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Committee – Nassau Bar Association, 2017
- Anatomy of a Car Accident Case: From Crash to Court – Michael Jaffe, Esq. & John Coco, Esq. – Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Committee – Nassau Bar Association, 2017
- Legal Considerations for Musicians – John Coco, Esq. – Hofstra University, 2016
- Avoiding Ethical Problems in the Internet Age – Ethics Committee – Nassau County Bar Association – Omid Zareh, Esq. & John Coco, Esq., 2014
- The Domino Theory: Proving Proximate Cause at Trial – Edward Capozzi, Esq. Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Committee – Nassau Bar Association, 2019
- Cross Examination of An IME Doctor – Robert Genis, Esq. – Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Committee – Nassau Bar Association, 2017
- Impeachment by Criminal History in a Personal Injury Case – David J. Barry, Esq. – Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Committee – Nassau County Bar Association, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Trial Lawyers
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- St John’s University School of Law – Juris Doctor
- City University of New York, Queens College – Masters
- Hofstra University – Bachelor of Science
- Supreme Court of the State of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York